View previous topic | View next topic

Fingers and Fumbs - Size of feet

Page 1 of 1

Molly Cule
326060.  Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:35 pm Reply with quote

Q12 – What can you tell about a man from the size of his feet
?

FORFEIT: The size of his penis, The size of his shoes

A12. Studies have shown that there is no correlation between the size of a man’s penis and the size of his feet. Penis size is also completely independent of the length of one’s nose, or the size of one’s hands.

Notes

Penis and Shoe size

Whilst many people believe that you can tell the size of a man’s penis from his shoe size, this simply is not true. A study in 2002 published in the British Journal of Urology International scientifically proved there is no basis for this misconception. This conclusion was reached after nurses at St. Mary’s Hospital and University College Hospital in London measured the foot size and penis length of 104 men. In each case the penis was “gently stretched’ before it was measured; whilst the true size of a penis can only be worked out when it is fully erect the researchers were happy this was a good enough indication for the study. After checking over the measurements the researchers were sure there is no direct link between penis and shoe size.

Previous studies which had shown there WAS a mild like between the two had relied upon simply asking male subjects for their personal information rather than in this case, measuring properly.

Most people have one foot longer than the other. Most men have one testicle which hangs lower than the other.

Some statistics for those who may be worried about size;
The average Caucasian man’s penis is 3.5 inches long when limp and 5.1 inches long when erect. Most men who go for penis enlargements are average sized rather than small. Most penises stop growing when their owner is in his 16th year, there is some evidence to suggest it begins to shrink in middle age.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2292143.stm
http://www.snopes.com/risque/penile/size.asp

Size of Shoes

Most people do not wear the correct shoe size for their feet. According to David G. Armstrong, Professor of Surgery at the William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in Chicago, “Most of my patients.. do not wear the appropriate shoe size.” He claims studies have shown three quarters of people wear the wrong sized shoes. The reason for this may be that people remember a size they were measured for when they were young and do not take into consideration the fact that feet change shape throughout your life. Another reason is people like to get the most out of one pair and wear and re-wear them even if they do not fit. Doctors say people should assess each shoe to see whether it fits rather than buying a standard size they think they are; each brand uses slightly different measurements.

There is also another matter over and above incorrect shoe size; this is, it is possible that no shoe, however well fitting, is actually good for your feet. Barefoot is best for your feet, joints and overall posture. Galahad Clark, age 32, member of the Clark shoe shop family says “No matter what type of shoe. Shoes are bad for you”. The best thing to do is walk barefoot. As Clark says. “It’s a back-to-basics philosophy: that the great Lord designed us perfectly to walk around without shoes.” A study in podiatry journal “The Foot’ reinforces this idea; researchers studied 180 modern humans from three different population groups (Sotho, Zulu, and European) and compared them to 2,000-year-old skeletons. The researchers concluded that before people had healthier feet before the invention of shoes. The Zulu, who often go barefoot had the healthiest feet. The Europeans who were the biggest show wearers had the worst. The impact on your knees is also lessened when walking barefoot – the nerve endings in your feet can then work properly and tell your brain you are walking and that your body must protect your joints.

http://nymag.com/health/features/46213/
http://www.podiatrytoday.com/article/6176

Shoe size in England is measured in barleycorns (thirds of an inch). The smallest size is zero and each size up is the length of one barleycorn.

The measuring device in shoe shops is called a Brannock Device, after it’s inventor who designed it in the 1920’s. Mr Brannock worked for the company all his life and ensured the devices were built to last. His company is still going strong.

There is a strong correlation between the size of your feet and the length of your forearm - try it – I can’t find any proper scientific studies on this topic, my foot fits perfectly between my elbow and wrist and I think this is often the case in other people.

hassan el kebir
722556.  Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:52 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
my foot fits perfectly between my elbow and wrist

How on earth do you get your foot between your elbow and wrist without unscrewing your foot?

Sadurian Mike
741498.  Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:25 am Reply with quote

Molly Cule wrote:
Previous studies which had shown there WAS a mild like between the two

I do love typos that make a simple statement hilarious.

Spud McLaren
742544.  Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:24 pm Reply with quote

I wonder if this (halfway down, Zipporah's Encounter with Yahweh) might go some way towards explaining the myth? Other sources also can be found asserting that "feet" is a euphemism.

I came across this while looking for the origin of the biblical phrase "to cover one's feet" I'd always understood it to mean, crudely, "to go for a shit", in that the robes would cover one's feet while squatting. However, a rather less sniggerworthy explanation (apparently) is that it refers to taking a nap, when the feet would need to be covered against the cold night air. However, why would you need a euphemism for going to sleep?

Hans Mof
742571.  Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:58 pm Reply with quote

Indeed why would anyone need an alternative phrase for: hitting the hay/sack, turning in, dossing down ... ?

;)

Spud McLaren
742584.  Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:45 pm Reply with quote

Good point, well made. The Bible seems a tad formal for that sort of argot, though...

Posital
742628.  Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:21 pm Reply with quote

Molly Cule wrote:
Q12 – What can you tell about a man from the size of his feet?

FORFEIT: The size of his penis, The size of his shoes
I always thought there was a link between foot size and size of shoe...

Ya learn something new every day...

Flash
742652.  Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:50 am Reply with quote

There is a link, of course, but the forfeit was based on this bit from the OP:
Quote:
Most people do not wear the correct shoe size for their feet. According to David G. Armstrong, Professor of Surgery at the William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in Chicago, “Most of my patients.. do not wear the appropriate shoe size.” He claims studies have shown three quarters of people wear the wrong sized shoes. The reason for this may be that people remember a size they were measured for when they were young and do not take into consideration the fact that feet change shape throughout your life. Another reason is people like to get the most out of one pair and wear and re-wear them even if they do not fit.

Page 1 of 1