View previous topic | View next topic

QI websites

Page 23 of 24
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

Crunchy
101861.  Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:05 pm Reply with quote

This is a useful site if your sick of getting junk mail (SPAM) and want the user to be reported to the ISP. GET YOUR OWN BACK

http://www.showipaddress.com/

What you do is open the e-mail, select "view" then "options" or right click while it's still in the inbox and select "options" in the pull down menu. A window will open showing you, amongst other things, the internet header for the e-mail. Highlight and copy the whole text of the header. Now forward the mail, a new window should open. Replace the subject text with the word "ABUSE".

Type in the main message window "Please report this user for abuse" or something similar. Press return and then paste (ctrl+ V) the text of the internet header in the forwarding e-mail.

Next highlight and copy the ip-address number of the sender of the e-mail. It looks something like this 89.228.245.59. and you'll find it within the header you pasted

Go to the above website and click "WHOIS IP". Paste the ip-number you copied into search box provided and click "WHOIS" You should see a list of details of the ISP who is controlling the user. Somewhere in the list is a abuse@xyz e-mail address or sometimes it's just an admin e-mail. Copy the address and paste it into the "to" address box of the forwarding e-mail you opened.

Press send and feel satisfied that you are doing your small bit in this cyber world to rid some of the w*#!kers who are continually filling our in-boxes.

Crunchy
101980.  Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:14 am Reply with quote

Further to my last post reference getting your own back on the spammers . Here is a website that will do it for you. See I'm not the only one on a crusade.

It' http://www.spamcop.net/

Outlook users read the instructions on how to use the site before submitting!

Ian Dunn
109667.  Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:47 am Reply with quote

I quite a fan of webcomics (comic strips that are only made online). My favorites are the furry webcomics. For those not in the know, the furry genre is an artisitc and literary genre based on anthropomorphic animal characters. (i.e. An animal with a human characteristic)

He is a list of some of my favorites.

Newshounds - An American satrical webcomic set in a local TV News Channel.

Poisoned Minds aka SSDD - A more adult, sci-fi, British webcomic.

Funny Farm - An bizarre American webcomic about six animals in a boarding house.

Kevin and Kell - American webcomic about a not-so-average family. Kevin's a rabbit, Kell's a wolf.

Jack - A horror webcomic set in hell, about the embodiment of wrath.

feynmanMH42
113861.  Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quote

Ian Dunn wrote:
I quite a fan of webcomics (comic strips that are only made online). My favorites are the furry webcomics. For those not in the know, the furry genre is an artisitc and literary genre based on anthropomorphic animal characters. (i.e. An animal with a human characteristic)

He is a list of some of my favorites.

Newshounds - An American satrical webcomic set in a local TV News Channel.

Poisoned Minds aka SSDD - A more adult, sci-fi, British webcomic.

Funny Farm - An bizarre American webcomic about six animals in a boarding house.

Kevin and Kell - American webcomic about a not-so-average family. Kevin's a rabbit, Kell's a wolf.

Jack - A horror webcomic set in hell, about the embodiment of wrath.

My favourite webcomic EVER, I got nearly all my friends totally addicted very quickly. You will waste around 5 hours reading if you click on this link: BEWARE.
El Goonish Shive

smiley_face
113905.  Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:41 pm Reply with quote

"At what point do you get paranoid about enlarge your penis emails. It's just that im currently getting about ten a day. Eight of them are from my girlfriend. It's the two from my mum that really hurt." Jimmy Carr

Neotenic
114048.  Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:11 am Reply with quote

I would add the following web comics to the list

www.toothpaste for dinner.com and it's sister site www.marriedtothesea.com - both contain gloriously silly single-pane cartoons, with a new one every day.

Izzardesque
114347.  Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote

toothpaste for dinner is sometimes absolutely hilarious but most of it is just too silly.

Not a Number
114439.  Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:12 pm Reply with quote

www.damninteresting.com

Just a fantastic site, with loads of fascinating information, from the grave of King Arthur to cybernetic hearing.

Ian Dunn
193411.  Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:15 am Reply with quote

Here's a website which I found recently which I'm enjoying. It's the website for The Colbert Report.

The Colbert Report is a spin-off to The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Sadly, we don't get in Britain, but it features several videos on their website. The show stars the satirist Stephen Colbert as right-wing political pundit Stephen Colbert (pronounced "Co-bare"). He is discribed as a, "well-intentioned, poorly informed, high-status idiot." Basically, think Alan Partridge if he was successful.

The show is notable for inventing the word Truthiness, meaning, "to describe things that a person claims to know intuitively or "from the gut" without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or actual facts."

The Colbert Report offical website

Wikipedia entry for the show

Screwtape
221994.  Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:29 pm Reply with quote

Really interesting cryptography game:
here
Yes, the music is a little creepy.

CaptTimmy
222074.  Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:26 pm Reply with quote

Musn't we forget Wikiality, Stephen's spin-off of Wikipedia.

:-)

AxmxZ
222077.  Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:46 pm Reply with quote

For very cunning linguists - www.languagehat.com

Jenny
222205.  Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quote

I think that is the same languagehat who posts comments on the Pepys Diary website.

eggshaped
231962.  Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:34 am Reply with quote

Here's a site that allows you to type in the name of a TV show, and it tells you the next time that show will appear on TV in the UK & US.

I tried it for "Whose Line is it Anyway" which I've been loving on "Dave" but has inexplicably been on hiatus for the last couple of weeks, and sure enough it's back on today at 2pm. Hooray.

http://www.locatetv.com

Orig
233163.  Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:25 pm Reply with quote

come on now, why didnt anyone put up SNOPES?

Surely next to this one, it has to be one of the most QI sites out there, no?

RE: Online Comics, i used to read this all the time, when it was done in its older style format, but its good, you might like ZOMBIE COMMANDOS FROM HELL
http://www.zombiecommandos.com/

Page 23 of 24
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next