View previous topic | View next topic

Pig

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

QiScorpion
314178.  Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:03 pm Reply with quote

i assume that whoever made that statistic about 85 billion tons of pigs being eaten anually up is abiding by that old chestnut: "[insert percentage here] of all statistics are made up"

for example: 40% of my computer is water
50% of my body mass is iron.

etc.

cnb
314179.  Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:05 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
"85 billion tons are consumed anually."

It's just a typo... 85 million tons would be about right.

Bondee
314181.  Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote

smiley_face wrote:
Percy Pigs

A bit of Googling turned up Bacon & Bean Piglets.

They could've been Percy Pigs though. I only have very vague memories of them.

Aardvark
314915.  Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:26 am Reply with quote

Hmm, I think that Percy Pigs are now the property of Marks and Spencer in the UK.

They are like a cross between a jelly baby and haribo gelatine type chewy sweets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_pigs

I love em but they give me heartburn and upper GI discomfort (as do Bassett's Jelly Babies)

Sadurian Mike
317233.  Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quote

Frazzles are the only way to eat mock-pig products.

Hillocks
374682.  Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:29 am Reply with quote

This makes a very impressive consumption of nearly 35kg of pigmeat per person per day. Someone is eating a LOT of pork pies...

djgordy
374691.  Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:03 am Reply with quote

QiScorpion wrote:
for example: 40% of my computer is water

I wonder if QiScorpion's computer has dried out yet.

Sadurian Mike
374898.  Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:32 pm Reply with quote

I used to have a small DOS program (on 5 1/4" floppy) that would sit in the autoexec file and run on startup.

It gave a screen message that there was excess water on the hard drive and that the computer would now perform a drain cycle. This was followed by the noise of a whirring, sucking, gurgling drain and the computer would carry on as normal.

An early "virus" I suppose, but a fun and harmless one.

Ameena
374923.  Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:09 pm Reply with quote

There was a disk we had on the Atari which had a couple of games on it, but also a weird little thing on the desktop - the Sailor's Hornpipe played in the background and this little group of black dots (pixel-sized) would move around the screen like little bugs, "eating" everything they touched (turning it white). I suppose if it was left long enough they'd've ended up "eating" all the icons and everything. Just some random bit of silliness, I imagine :).

Rai Lord
402479.  Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:16 am Reply with quote

but the myth on the 30 minute pig orgasm...? I mean come on! what possible selective pressure would result in this ability? The answer to that would be a bestseller.

Is the male pig's sperm to weak to do the job on its own or is it one of those linked genes where the "more-meat gene" was/is closely linked to the "really-really-sensitive-vagina-gene". I don't even want to stray down the stereotyped path of pig farmers and what they do for leisure during blackouts...

Surely it must be a myth! Perhaps i should contact Mythbusters?

Izzardesque
402488.  Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:28 am Reply with quote

Now that is an episode of Mythbusters I'd LOVE to see!

Arcane
402495.  Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:36 am Reply with quote

*hurriedly makes note to avoid any programs with the words "Mythbusters" and "pig" in the same sentence*

Rai Lord
402497.  Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:42 am Reply with quote

just imagine alan davies' face when stephen fry lets that one out of the bag... he does the aghast schoolboy look very well

stephen cushing lives in whitstaple...

Izzardesque
402499.  Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:46 am Reply with quote

Peter Cushing shoorly?

Sebastian flyte
402544.  Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:37 am Reply with quote

I remember the crisps? Oinks I think? from the 10p crisp collection? Is that them? I get Percy Pigs off a lady at church, there are Percy and piglets now which are nicer as the piglets are proper hariboesque jellies rather than the mallow of the Percy on the rare occasion she has been round here I am later presented with Percy pigs.

Orgasm? 30 minutes? Pigs? ...............? :)? :D?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *titter*

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next