View previous topic | View next topic

Floating

Page 1 of 1

MatC
307273.  Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:37 am Reply with quote

This caught my eye: the author’s sister, recalling her childhood, wrote that at the age of about three

Quote:
I have a most distinct memory of floating down the stairs, my hand lightly on the banister but my feet not touching the steps. I know that [another sister] Helen also had this sensation and I have also read of it. I think it was Howard Spring who wrote of it in one of his books, or perhaps it was Richard Church.

S: “Monkeys, bears and gutta percha” by Colin MacLean (Tuckwell Press, 2001).

I also have a similar memory from about that age, and have spoken to others who remember being able to fly or float - just the once, and always at around that age. Presumably, it’s some sort of vivid dream (though I once met someone who reckoned that it meant that children were born with the ability to fly/float, but lost it when they realised that walking was faster).

Whether or not this is of potential interest, I suppose, depends on just how common the “experience” is ...?

eggshaped
396910.  Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:22 am Reply with quote

Floater:

Quote:
A giant inflatable dog turd brought down a power line after being blown away from a Swiss museum.

The artwork, entitled Complex Shit, was carried 200 metres on the night of 31 July, reportedly breaking a greenhouse window before it landed again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7558129.stm

Page 1 of 1