View previous topic | View next topic

What's with the alphabetical series?

Page 1 of 1

edstephenson
306034.  Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:58 am Reply with quote

I'm bewildered by the C, D, E, etc. series. Apparently these refer to different editions or TV series, about which I know nothing. My points refer to The Book of General Ignorance, and I've posted them in the Forum of General Ignorance. Is that OK?

Ed

Davini994
306040.  Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:17 am Reply with quote

Ed

QI, while more generally a philosophy and organisation working in several different mediums, originally saw light as a television series. It's still most famous for this, despite the incredible popularity of the books.

The A, B, C, D, E series fora are each for discussion relating to the television series of the same name.

The series are alphabetic; Series A first, then B etc, up to E, which was the last to air. Series F will be recorded this summer/autumn.

The Forum of General Ignorance relates to BOGI, The Forum of Animal Ignorance to The book of the same title, etcetera.

If you have questions or comments regarding BOGI, you are best to put them in the forum of General Ignorance as you have done.

New QI facts and discussions would usually go in Quite Interestings. General waffle and what have you goes in General Banter. I shouldn't worry too much though, if you are interesting no one will mind where you put it;)

Oh, and I suggest you have a look on youtube for clips from the show, I suspect you will enjoy them every bit as much as BOGI! And of course, there are other books too.

tetsabb
306054.  Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:54 am Reply with quote

I feel I should point out that 'BOGI' has to be one of the most umpleasant acronyms I have come across in a long time!

bobwilson
414467.  Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:30 pm Reply with quote

Is Mr Fry the BOGI man?

Sebastian flyte
414524.  Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:21 pm Reply with quote

Let us celebrate him! here

Arcane
414555.  Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quote

It looks like fun... I love the colours.

Page 1 of 1