View previous topic | View next topic

Sistine Chapel

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Bunter
333624.  Sat May 10, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quote

The Hell-Fire club - 'a society for sots and the sexually depraved' - was conceived by Sir Francis Dashwood when he attended a service in the Sistine Chapel at the Vatican during which the worshippers "scourged themselves with whips".

Source: Brewers

Flash
365745.  Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:10 am Reply with quote

This article is about a book called The Sistine Secrets: Unlocking the Codes in Michelangelo's Defiant Masterpiece in which Rabbi Benjamin Blech, an associate professor of Talmud at Yeshiva University in New York, and Roy Doliner, a tour guide at the Vatican, opine that
Quote:
Michelangelo hid a secret code in the frescoes of the Sistine Chapel made up of mystical Jewish symbols and insults aimed at the pope

ie a different point to the one we used.

Article

dr.bob
366648.  Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:04 am Reply with quote

I think that vindicates my point of view nicely. If you stare at a suitably complex work of art, you'll see all sorts of shapes in there which you'll relate to what you know. People who stare at brains all day for a living will see diagrams of the brain, whilst people who study the Talmud all day for a living will see Hebrew letters everywhere.

c.f. the Bible code.

wmeegan
852815.  Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:37 pm Reply with quote

I am searching for the exact measurements of the nine central panels on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. I need these exact measurements to complete a thesis I am working on. Does anyone have any idea what reference works I can research for this material?

About five years ago I wrote an academic paper (I am no academic) on the Sistine Chapel and it was published because of the mathematical science I brought to my work.

THE SISTINE CHAPEL: A Study in Celestial Cartography
http://www.rosecroixjournal.org/issues/2006/New%20Folder/vol3_45_128_meegan.pdf

Since that publication online I discovered two other patterns and the above request for sources where I can verify the exact measurements of the those nine central panels would be a great help in confirming my theory on the second pattern.post

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2