Click the link below to buy from Amazon - we get 10%!
The Book of General Ignorance (The Noticeably Stouter Edition)
by John Lloyd & John Mitchinson
Translated into 29 languages, the original Book of General Ignorance was an international bestseller and Amazon's 4th best-selling book in the world ever.
To mark the passage of the TV show to BBC1, we have produced a completely new edition.
If you are one of the million people who have already bought a copy, you may wonder why the new edition is worth buying. Well, it's more than 25% longer, with extra cartoons, hilarious extracts from the TV show, and 50 new things you didn't know, including:
- No one has ever slid down a banister.
- There are 613 Commandments in the Bible.
- Vipers, cobras and rattlesnakes are not poisonous.
- Newborn babies are indifferent to their mothers.
- The Swiss Family weren't called Robinson.
- The unluckiest date is Monday the 27th.
- You have no muscles in your fingers.
- Coffee isn't made from beans.
So as well as being completely revised, corrected and plumped up, it now includes an index, and an appendix listing all the celebrities who have appeared on QI to date. Oh, and Four New Words by Alan Davies!